Hemp Chicken Bedding Benefits
• Less Upkeep! Highly absorbent chicken bedding
• Higher salvage rate, since it absorbs 4x its weight, saving time and money
• 1/2 bag covers approximately 24 sq. ft. at about 1.5 inches deep
• Low dust
• Biodegradable, natural, and sustainable
Hemp Chicken Bedding Application in 4 Steps and Pricing
• Clean out the coop completely
• Spread 1/2 bag (5 cu. ft. or 141 L) for a base (4’ x 6’ coop) to achieve a depth of 1.5 inches
• Mist (Optional) the hemp bedding and turn it over to activate the hemp bedding's absorbent properties
• Clean the coop weekly for traditional cleaning and cover areas removed with 1'' of hemp bedding for deep litter methods (as needed)
Bags are shipped most economically in quantities of two or by the pallet. For pallet prices including delivery, fill out our contact form and include your zip code!
On the Record:
"The farmer crew is very happy with the hemp bedding. They are primarily using it for our chickens, because they have been trying to find ways to keep the eggs as clean as possible with minimal resource utilization. They said the eggs and coop are the cleanest they have ever been, and the bedding has been a significant factor."
"We just completed our first winter using hemp and will never use anything else!